Monday 28 June 2010

How do I get Julian to get up later?

How on earth do I delay a poo in the morning?  This morning I woke up at 330am coughing (probably because I went to bed at about 1015pm) and I went downstairs to get some cough mixture because I couldn't stop coughing.  Anyway must have woken Julian up with my coughing, as I heard him making noise in his room.  So I went to get him and took him for a poo then it was way to early for milk so I wanted to put him back to bed.  But he wouldn't go back to bed, he cried until 4.45 when I decided to give him his milk.  I thought maybe I'll keep him up till 9am but he went to sleep soon after his milk.

DH was saying that I should stop waking him up at 4am to go to the toilet.. but little does he realise that he is already waking up at that time to go to the toilet! It's not me!  And I could just leave him i guess till 5 but I don't like the thought of him sitting in his poo - I bet DH would just let him sit in his poo if it would just give him peace and quiet (which he does - the other day I came home and Julian had a poo in his nappy for so long that it burned his bottom and he has nappy rash which is peeling off his backside at the moment).

I guess the only thing I could do is keep him up later in the evening.  I put him to bed quite early - at about 620pm, maybe I will try to put him to bed at around 7pm and see if it makes a difference to his wake times.

Of course DH needs to go to bed earlier so he can get some sleep.  I don't know why he doesn't do that, and expects me to do that!

Here's a link that I thought would be useful.  Might try some of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment