Monday 26 April 2010

Starting Solids and relearning timetables!

I think I've just forgotten how to start solids in a baby.  Just getting Julian started on solids and I can't remember how much to start, which meal to give it, how often to increase etc.

Though now I've worked him up to a bit of brekky and dinner and last night he refused to drink his milk.  He was actually very sleepy, and I ended up putting him in bed and letting him catnap, then waking him up 15 minutes later and feeding him again - he drank 200mL!  Unfortunately he woke up at 9.30 screaming and did some farts then went back to sleep and then he woke up at 3.30am.  I changed his nappy and took him to bed and we slept, and I didn't feed him and he woke up at 6am and I fed him then.  So slowly I'm getting rid of the night feed!  Just need to get rid of the waking up at 3.30-4.30am business and then we'd have a perfect sleep!

The other bad thing with starting solids... now I've lost my poo timer!  He hasn't pooped as much as he used to and basically has held it since yesterday afternoon.  I'm scared of opening a nappy and finding it overflowing with poo!  I hope I can get my poo rhythm back!

1 May:

God I've definitely lost it.  This morning he pooped in his nappy and then he did a big poop this afternoon in his nappy and then continued to poop while we were changing!  And that was after I washed his bottom!  So disheartened.  But I can only continue trying.  There is light at the end of the tunnel... and that is to stop cleaning poopie nappies!

No comments:

Post a Comment