Wednesday 6 June 2012

Transit of Venus 6 June 2012

The last time you can see a transit of Venus in our lifetime! With the weather so sketchy I thought that I would have to rely on NASA's livestream. I was feeling optimistic when I got in my car and could see a bit of sky and the beaming round moon. I had my camera packed and I was hoping that by the time I got to work, I could duck down to radiology and grab some dud films so I can look at the sun through them. Fortunately there were people there I knew so I could get some black film.

Next: where should I camp? I found a nice spot next to huge floor to ceiling windows. But wouldn't you know it, rain clouds moved in and blocked the sun! So I had to sit and wait for half an hour for a break in the clouds and managed to snap some decent shots! So here are some of my better shots:



But here are some ones from NASA's site, so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment