Wednesday 24 November 2010

Trying to help critters

I dropped the kids off at Nanny M's and the cat had a little bird in its mouth.  Nanny M and I were trying to grab the cat to get the bird out but he kept running away.  I think the bird was alive to start but after the cat put it down a few times and picked it up it was looking floppy and lifeless.  I managed to corner the cat next to the garage and grab it by the scruff of its neck and Nanny M pried the baby bird out of its mouth, but the bird was dead, so we put it in the trash.  Poor hatchling.  I'm just glad it wasn't an endangered bird.

Then I was at hospital and I was walking along the corridor near the inner courtyard and I saw a lizard scampering around near the edges - it must have wandered inside and gotten trapped.  It was about 15cm long and I tried to encourage him to run towards the door but he kept hiding behind a pole.  I knelt down to try to catch him so I could take him outside, but he ran away again and then I stood up and banged my head on the railing - ow!  After that I lost interest in trying to rescue the poor trapped lizard!

No comments:

Post a Comment