It's amazing what people say when I tell them I have gestational diabetes.
- Oh no! Well, it's only for another 9 weeks so it's not really that bad.
- This could be a good thing! Motivation to eat well and exercise! You could lose all your pregnancy weight so quickly and you're lucky you're married to an endocrinologist! Expert care 24/7!
- It must be all those lollies and chocolates you've been eating.
- I don't think you really have diabetes.
- You know you just have to eat healthily and exercise more, exercise will improve your insulin sensitivity. That's what I do!
- Wow does this mean that you're going to get diabetes later when you're not pregnant?