Friday 25 October 2013

Speech progress for my son

It's been more than 6 months since I started Speech Therapy for my son - how is he now?

In a nutshell - much improved!

He has finally understood the concept of colour.  He can do 3 colours, though probably with about 90% accuracy.  I should start introducing more colours!

His question concepts are better. He says "Where Mama?" and "Where bowl?" and even says "What's that noise?"

He has also learned to say "Mama, may I have X please?" which he is using very appropriately.  From things like chocolate, milk, rice to "open roof" (opening the sunroof in the car), I have found this to be very encouraging.

His speech therapist has said that he talks a lot now, which he does, and he is coherent which is great.  He still can't answer questions well like "What do you want to eat, rice or noodles?" and he will say "Yes". Sometimes he answers it.  But I don't know if he understood it.

He has another year before school so I will continue with the therapy.  I'm happy that I can finally communicate a little with my son, and I am hoping in another 6 months we can have a REAL conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment